Collabria provides strategic decision-making coaching and analysis to organizations of all types. The format and schedule of these services can be highly variable, as they are tailored to the specific needs of each client. We provide a small team of experts who have deep skills in structuring and analyzing strategic decisions.
Our team does not replace the professionals in your organization, but instead provides leadership and guidance to make your staff more effective. The past experience of our experts in various industries or types of organizations may have some relevance to your challenge, but we do not presume to know more about your business than you do.
In a typical engagement we will provide:
- a structured approach to clarifying, exploring and choosing a course of action
- leadership for your strategy or decision team
- just-in-time training for specific tasks
- tools and methods which organize and promote discussion and thinking on the range of possible choices
- quantitative analysis of outcomes in the context of the uncertainty of the future
The most important benefit to your organization will be the shared learning and understanding among your executive team.
Other important benefits to your organization will include:
- a higher-value course of action (more profit, if that is the primary motive)
- in our experience, the selected plan is at least 50% more valuable than the current plan (based on the client's assessment)
- an understanding of what risks are most relevant to a successful result; knowing this gives the opportunity to actively manage those risks
- Alignment of your staff for implementation because of the shared learning on how your organization drives value
The deliverables that are produced include:
- a Decision Hierachy which clarifies which separates strategic from tactical, and puts boundaries on the scope
- a Strategy Table which organizes the range of compelling alternatives and the actions which collectively comprise them
- an Influence Diagram which specifies the nature and complexity of the analysis, and may include identifiable key risks
- a quantitative analysis of each alternative strategy
- a recommended "hybrid" strategy which is more valuable than any of the original alternatives.
- a clear statement of the unlying rationale for the chosen course of action
The format of these services and the role of your experts can vary widely, depending upon your needs. They may include interviews, periodic team meetings, and/or fewer but more intensive workshops. You will have choices to make regarding the role and involvement of key members of your organization. Thoughout the work, we will provide expert advice and guidance, drawing from our years of experience in leading strategy teams.